Our Periodontic Specialist
At Langley’s Dental Care we passionately believe in providing your patients with the best that modern care can offer. We understand that your patients are all unique with different needs, concerns and requirements and so we tailor-make all our advice and guidance to each individual.
This means that the most important thing we can do for your patients is to listen.
Dr Alaa Guni, our Periodontist, is dedicated to his work in helping patients with gum disease.
Alaa is happy to accept external referrals ranging from advanced periodontal disease, recession cases, crown-lengthening and Peri-implantitis management.
Professionally, Alaa completed his MClinDent in Periodontology being mentored by world leading periodontists and is experienced in surgical and non-surgical treatments. He has authored in dental education and published in peer reviewed journals in relation to his field of periodontology.
What to Expect
Here at Langley’s Dental Care, we aim to provide the highest patient care. Your patient is in safe hands. Here are a few points on what you and your patient can expect from us:
- Once we have received the referral we will contact the patient within 24 hours excluding Saturday and Sunday to arrange an appointment. The referring dentist will also be informed by email.
- We ask that the patient arrives at least 10 minutes before the first booked appointment so that they can fill out the medical history form at the practice. We would be grateful if you ask the patient to bring their cleaning aids with them.
- During the first appointment the dentist will review the patients’ medical history form, assess the reason for the referral and give them details on their findings and will advise the patient on options that will help them.
- Within one week a treatment plan will be given to the patient stating the estimated fee, the length of the appointment and intervals of appointments.
- If they are happy to proceed, we will then offer them a further appointment to commence the treatment.
- In some cases, after the treatment is carried out the patient may be advised to make another appointment for a review in the near future.
- Once the treatment is complete a letter/email will be sent to the referring dentist discharging the patient back to their care. Any maintenance advice or treatment to be carried out by the referring dentist will be advised.
Dr Alaa Gunni
BDS Hons (Lond) MFDS RCS (Ed) PG Cert (Perio) MClinDent Perio (Hons) MPerio RCS(Eng) Specialist in Periodontics
GDC NO: 251133